The job includes working on a large construction infrastructure design build project in the N.Y. / Long Island area. There are positions available in the following areas:
1. Field Engineer - conduct field surveys and document findings. Make recommendations to infrastructure design and constructability. Assist CAD staff with design drawings and perform QA/QC review on design. Perform field construction and quality inspections.
2. Document manager / Office Engineer - Manage the development, scheduling, tracking and management of all contract documents including: internal and external project submittals, logging RFI's, testing procedures. Create master log of all documents required on the project and track submittal dates, open issues to project closeout. Coordinate between the electrical contractor, engineering firm, end-user customer to insure that all project documents are identified and logged.
3. CAD Designer - conduct field surveys and create design layouts from field data collection. Develop preliminary and detailed design drawings for electrical power systems, communications systems, fiber optic systems, access control systems, CCTV systems, ITS, Comm rack elevation details, equipment room layouts. Prior knowledge of DOT and railroad standards is a plus.
1. Prior experience working in railroad, Department of Transportation industry is a plus.
2. Prior experience working for electrical contractor as document manager, office engineer is a plus
3. Prior experience working on railroad technology and electrical systems is a plus.
View a complete listing of NECA's resources and industry information by topic.
NECA’s education programs provide innovation, business trends and effective leadership exclusive to electrical contractors.
NECA is working every day to ensure you have every opportunity available to stay on top of the issues affecting your business and to be directly in touch with your Senators and your Representative in Congress.
The NECA Convention is an exciting mix of opportunities for education, inspiration, networking, and fun!
NECA communities are member-initiated groups where contractors and industry professionals sharing common interests and business concerns can come together.
NECA membership isn’t just about saving your firm time and money; it’s also about helping your company make more money and achieve success!
NECA contractors employ the most highly trained and reliable workforce in the industry. They will get your job done right the first time, on time, without disrupting your business.